[simpits-tech] Hey Gene

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 30 17:23:31 PDT 2006

At 03:57 p.m. 30/07/2006, you wrote:
>>Yeah, well I thought it looked "pre" not "post".. but my F-15
>>knowledge is a little ..err.. "sketchy" I think you'd call it <lol>
>Hehehe.  I'll let you go with a warning this time. :)

Phew!  That was close :)

>>This time though I am building a TA-4K, post "Kahu".  I picked the
>>family model since I have discovered the joys of taking others
>>flying in your sim, and that aspect of the hobby was seriously
>>lacking from a single seater!
>Do you have any cockpit pics of the real beast?

Yep, I have a good bunch of pics, I got lucky and was able to get
into the hangar just before the whole lot was shut down and locked up
by out commy loving pacifist government's disarmarment minister... grrr

I made a good number of contacts in the A-4 community over here, and
thankfully managed to get a lot of pics, measurements and even a few
parts and manuals.  Plus some of the A-4 guys who are still serving,
have access to where they airframes are stored pending their sale.

>We're due to sign the closing papers on the house we're selling on
>the 3rd.  From there it's Shop Building Insanity interspersed with
>Tool Buying Madness.  It's been a nasty ride, but it will be over
>soon.  I hope the shop will be done by the end of
>September.  Earlier if those nitwits I hired to build the thing get
>off the dime. :)

Nasty ride.... hmmm  But the Tool Buying, that sounds like fun <lol>

We are having frustrations with builders down here, we may end up
buying rather than building simply because we are looking down the
barrel of an 18 month delay before they can even start building......

SeanG