[simpits-tech] Hey Gene

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jul 29 22:24:59 PDT 2006

At 12:36 a.m. 29/07/2006, you wrote:
>Sean Galbraith wrote:
>>Hey Gene saw this...
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F-15-Aircraft-control-panel-Armament-F15-Simulator-SIM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ90974QQihZ002QQitemZ4644622832
>>
>Thanks for the link Sean.  That panel is for a pre-MSIP model F-15.
>Since mine is post-MSIP (Multi-Stage-Improvement-Program) it uses
>the MPCD.  However, if it was in better shape, I'd likely buy it
>just for completeness-sake. :)

Yeah, well I thought it looked "pre" not "post".. but my F-15
knowledge is a little ..err.. "sketchy" I think you'd call it <lol>

>>SeanG <returning to lurk mode>
>
>Quit lurking!

Ok, I will then.,..

Hey all.. I have been out of the simpits scene for a little while,
though still remained lurking, reading posts etc.
I am back on the Skyhawk project again, although this time it's a
ground-up new project, using all the information and skills I picked
up along the way on the last one.

Lots have happened since I *last* did much on the list, I moved house
(seems that there is a bit of that going around!) and landed my dream
job, building sims for a living!  So, now that things have gotten a
bit closer to normality I have launched once again into building an
A-4 Skyhawk 'pit.

This time though I am building a TA-4K, post "Kahu".  I picked the
family model since I have discovered the joys of taking others flying
in your sim, and that aspect of the hobby was seriously lacking from
a single seater!
I have met up with a local guy who is building an A-4 sim out of real
used parts (sourced from all kinds of places like Israel and Brazil)
and has loaned me some bits to make patterns or drawings from.  I've
also met some really *really* talented people through work who are
genius's with all things from CNC machining, to programming,
electronics and even an Autocad design guru, so things that were
impossible before (to me at least) are now very very possible.

I hope to have the main frame welded up in the next couple of weeks,
with mockups of the main front panel, side consoles and seat
installed for final positioning of the actual bits (whenever I get
around to making them!)

It has been a while since I was actively involved in the list, but I
figure its about time I pulled finger and contributed again....
rather than lurking and reading :)

So... how are the usual suspects these days?  What's happening with
everyones projects?

SeanG

<lurk mode, lock-wired in the OFF position>