Dimmer was RE: [simpits-tech] Anyone awake?

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Sun Jul 2 14:56:10 PDT 2006

Hi Jay
It is a light dimmer for the 737 fwd overhead lightplates. Part of
the dimmer circuit is copied with permission from Forrest Cook.

I have changed the circuit and added and impedance matching
transformer between the amplifier and the Oeco Dimmer control. The
new diagram is located @

http://www.737flightsim.com/Light_Dimmer4a1.pdf

Ask if he has any suggestions to make it simpler, of if something
needs to be added.

U1: is a LM324N quad op-amp

U2 : is a LM386 - Low Voltage Audio Power Amplifier

Q1: is a MosFet

What I am trying to do is use the original Oeco Dimmer control, it is
(T31) on the diagram.

Thanks

David