[simpits-tech] Anyone awake?

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Sat Jul 1 16:48:30 PDT 2006

Hi Jay
I would like to use the original 737 autotransformer dimmers for the
lighting system. I am using DC for the non-dimmed circuits.

I have some large 110VAC 400Hz to 28VAC 400Hz stepdown transformers.
I also have the 28Vac to 5Vac 400Hz stepdown transformers.

So my ideal 400Hz voltage is 110Volts.

The 400Hz flow is 110Vac to the 110Vac to 28Vac stepdown transformer,
then the 28Vac autotransformer dimmer, then 28Vac to 5Vac stepdown
transformer, then to the 5Vac lighting circuits.

Is anyone a electronics expert?

Here is a web link

http://www.737flightsim.com/Light_Dimmer3.pdf

I would like to know if you guys think it would work.

It is basically a DC power dimmer operating at 400HZ, and I use the
400hz to generate the dimmer control voltage using the original 737
variable autotransformer

David