[simpits-tech] Fwd: Company to make panels

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Wed Jan 25 13:37:23 PST 2006

FWIW I just played around with the software a bit. I made up the chaff/flare panel from the F-16. I didn't make it very accurate, just got the approximate size, added the appropriate number of square and round holes, and added all the text (though, again, not accurate to size).

For a black anodized panel with white in-filling of the engravings, it was about $38/panel before any quantity discounts - down to about $30 for 10 or more - with another break at 20 down to $26.

The same panel but without anodizing or infilling was $26 before any discounts. For the amount of engraving, not bad at all.

http://www.simpits.org/database/graphics/F16C_panels/F16C_chaff.jpg - the panel I made.

If anyone's interested, download the free software and give it a shot! It will give you a quote right there in the program.

Brian