[simpits-tech] It's alive!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Dec 25 14:41:08 PST 2006

> At 09:47 a.m. 26/12/2006, you wrote:
> >http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/bot_done.jpg
> >http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/bot_done2.jpg
> >http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/bot_done3.jpg
> >
> >Most people build boring stuff with theirs.  You know, junk like cabinets,
> >bookcases, etc.
> >
> >Mine is gonna build cockpits, airplanes, circuit boards and spaceships.
> >
> >Muahahahahaha.  *Evil Grin*
>
> Woohoo!
> So when do we expect the first batch of flat-pack sim's rolling off
> the production line? <nudge nudge>

It'll be a while yet.  I still need to build the table for the CNC foam
cutter so my friend Dave can start cutting wing cores.  I've also got to
build a rolling kiosk for the control computer as well as some parts for a
737 glareshield mold.

The first cockpit design is about 80% done.

 > BTW Nice cable-tie skills there Gene ;-)

Actually that's on purpose.  I can't cinch it all down permanently until I
install the 4" vacuum hose on the cable guide.  There's a "shoe" that fits
at the base of the cutter to pick up sawdust.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"