[simpits-tech] Long read - but WORTH IT!

Andre Breytenbach a_breytie at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 03:01:34 PST 2006

Sounds plausable! Just a few queeries on the JATO:
only 2500 pound thrust for only 2.5 seconds? Sounds a
little low? Anyone know better?
Now you will have to check my maths, last time I did
this was at school 25 years ago!

What does that Impala weigh? If the car was 1500
pounds as he states, it should have accelerated at a
bit less than 2G (then deduct wind and roling
resistance). My calculations give me all of about
160km/h (100MPH) terminal speed. If heavier, then
slower terminal speed. He talks of 300MPH and the way
the car leapt when the rocket ignited, perhaps more!

Who knows what Myth Busters found?

Help me out guys!

Andre