[simpits-tech] Sad day for Tomcat lovers :(

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Thu Aug 17 12:01:46 PDT 2006

hi,

i remember drawing a picture of the Tomcat as a kid - from a picture that
only suggested what it might look like. the craft was still being designed.

i have a short clip of the destruction of the Chrysler Turbine Car: an
equally ambitious project that put turbine cars into hands of a
cross-section of American drivers. it is just as sad to watch.

back then, the future seemed so "futuristic". nowadays, it seems something
almost no one envisions or talks about.

  - adm -

At 06:41 AM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
>At 07:13 p.m. 17/08/2006, you wrote:
>>Sean,
>>
>>Thanks for the link ... I'm speechless watching the clip.
>>
>>It was the first fighter jet (a cheap plastic toy) I got when I was 9
>>years old, and that became the reason I still love everything with metal
>>wings ... Now it's time to say goodbye.
>
>Its crazy the emotions that something like this can stir up!  I watched in
>almost disbelief, I mean I knew that the Tomcat was gone, but somehow I
>just couldn't believe it.  Whenever I imagine a carrier deck, the ole'
>Turkey is a prominent feature!
>
>Talking first-jet memories, I remember seeing a cut-away drawing of and
>F-4 Phantom when I was a kid, and ever since, THAT is the image I see
>whenever I think of a fast jet.  Still have that book actually, sitting on
>the shelf all dog-eared :)
>
>Ahh memories :)
>
>SeanG

>page.  Thanks!