[simpits-tech] Got to fly an interesting sim today

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Wed Aug 16 20:07:20 PDT 2006

Through some good luck and good contacts, I got myself onto a research project here at Wright-Patt studying various feedback mechanisms for Predator pilots, to help with landing. So I got to fly a Predator sim today. :D What's neat about it is the setup I flew today was virtually identical to the real Predator command console, with the largest difference being the real thing has two small monitors for engine data, which the sim I flew omits.

Also interesting was the fact that they were using X-Plane. (Sorry Gene).

Oh, I also got a spin in the centerfuge today! :) (different project).

I can't believe I'm getting paid for this....

Brian