[simpits-tech] Hey Gene

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 01:34:11 PDT 2006

Brian,
A lot of my family is around Enid and I have visited
Vance often. When I was little my uncle got his wings
there, he lived next door to us. Back then it was kind
of popular for the pilots to drive 280Zs around town.
How long is training there? Odds are good I'll pass
through sometime before you leave. (Sorry Gene, I
doubt i'll have room to pick up parts for you from
Roger on the way through Tulsa, do you have the canopy
yet?)

FYI, The local Enid airport has an F-4 and a Tweet on
diplay too.
Justin

Sean has inspired me... I too have been on lurk mode
for a bit.

Basically life this year has been and will continue to
be crazy. I commissioned into the Air Force on April
29, and following a month or so off I headed down to
Maxwell AFB for 6 weeks of training. I just finished
that up on Wednesday, came home to go to a friend's
wedding and this afternoon I'm beginning my drive down
to Wright-Patterson AFB, where I will be until
February.

I'm getting married December 30th and then come Feb I
move down to Vance AFB, OK, and start my flight
training.

Sim work has been pretty nonexistant lately. I am
still working on the Mercury project for Orbiter,
however. I had to take a hiatus the past six weeks
because of the aforementioned training, but I hope to
start back up once I am settled down in Ohio. Lots of
improvements coming for the next version.

Anyway still keeping an eye towards my Merc sim
development, but it just isn't in the time/money
budget at the moment. However I consider my work on
the Mercury addon for Orbiter as software work on MY
sim. :D Someday....

Brian

 Douglas DC-8
  www.dc8cockpit.catisp.com