[simpits-tech] paint source

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Nov 13 11:26:48 PST 2005

Rob Archer wrote:
> A little farfetched there at "2-seconds"!  We all would be dead who have
> real cockpits!  I would recommend a mask if sanding but I wear nothing
> when cutting it up.
> Rob

Rob, Zinc Chromate is _very_ carcinogenic and a standard mask won't help
keep the particles out of your lungs if you sand it and it becomes
airborne.  The safest way to remove it is to use a product called Zip
Strip (which is also very carcinogenic, rubber gloves are _required_).
You "paint" it onto the ZC surface and it will slough off in a few
minutes.  Don't handle it with your bare hands.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007