[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 27, Issue 8

K :) kev1n1956 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 12:48:54 PST 2005

Anybody know an easy way to get joystick positioning out of the computer and direct the data to a serial port ?

I am building a motion platform sort of like the one Jim in NZ did except I am going to be using electric linear actuators.  The problem I am having is that my joystick is a USB Thrustmaster Cougar and I am having trouble getting the joystick position data out of the computer that is running the sim to the computer that runs the platform.  Any ideas will be welcome.  I'm down to looking for ways to physically attach another set of pots to the stick (an ugly solution if there ever was one)

Thanks

Kevin