[simpits-tech] What is delrin

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Mar 29 18:10:50 PST 2005

Stig Jørgensen wrote:

> Hmmm - had a thought - What would that weigh? And price of the
> materials?

Mine will weigh about 50 pounds and I'm digging through the scrap bins at
work for materials. Wild guess about $300 if I had to buy all the aluminum
and steel myself. That doesn't include the steppers, drivers, software, or a
Sherline mill head, though. I've scaled mine down a bit now, from 48 x 18 to
30 x 18. I didn't want to have to reposition the ways on the mill to cut
them in one piece.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net