[simpits-tech] Went flying yesterday....

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Thu Mar 24 00:49:54 PST 2005

Bubba wrote:

> Matt Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Bah, part of the restoration & mod'ing process involved getting rid of
> > that stupid thing in the first place. :P
>
> Removing it doesn't do away with the need for it ;)

Hey now, I can handle a Cub, I should be able to handle this little
sport plane. :P Actually it's a combination of the gear being to far
back, and the elevator being too small. It does fine in calm conditions,
but with a tailwind, the wind tends to get under it and there's not
enough elevator to overcome it with thrust. I hate to bend the gear
further forward and possibly hinder its other ground handling
characteristics, but it seems to be necessary. I've already bent it
forward some........the original setup was definitely too far back, I
could barely taxi.

Here's a pic of maaa baby :)
http://mattb.serverbob.org/pics/tiger_120204_1.jpg Note the rather
vertical gear....I nosed over most of the time with this setup.

	-Matt Bailey