[simpits-tech] Ideal simpit ?

Andre Breytenbach a_breytie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 05:02:13 PST 2005

Yep, the nav did have an upward firing ejection seat.
He basically sat at the pilot's feet. He got fired
slightly to the left and the pilot to the right, AFIK,
could be other way round though. The pilot had to make
sure the plane was level if ejecting at low level. I
know about one case where the pilot got ejected almost
horizontal and died after a TO emergency. Our Airforce
flew a few of these up to a few years ago, with great
success.

Andre Simnut