[simpits-tech] PS1 LCD as an MFD (connection issues)

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Mar 2 23:49:11 PST 2005

Howdy,

  I just picked up one of these Playstation 1 LCD's for making a simple MFD/
instrument display. My plan is to just hook it into the S-video out connector
on my video card (for now), but I can't find an adapter to make this work! I
recall some fellows here had hooked up the LCD to a computer, just wondering
what route you took? I suppose I could get an S-video (or VGA) to RCA
adapter, and then get the PS1 LCD to RCA adapter, but that would sure be
messy (and may not work as well as using purely S-video).
  I really don't feel like doing the VGA conversion (don't want to damage the
unit), plus I don't have a suitable C-sync video card.

	-Matt Bailey