[simpits-tech] Sorry, Gene...

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Jun 26 12:46:10 PDT 2005

Gene Buckle wrote:

> The only problem there is a) the backblast of the LAW would do
> astonishingly bad things to the nice interior of the 172, and b) the
> LAW is (afaik) unguided and would have little chance of hitting the
> F-mumble anyway. :)

a) if you're shooting a rocket at a military aircraft, the interior of your
aircraft is quite likely low on your priority list.

b) it's not guided, but at 50-100 feet it wouldn't take much effort to hit
it since the 172 is a very stable platform and the F-15 is a big target that
can't maneuver well if at a speed suitable for flying in formation with a
172.

Besides, we all know F-15s are flying, fat skypigs ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net