[simpits-tech] Sorry, Gene...

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sat Jun 25 01:30:28 PDT 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 21:46, Gene Buckle set 1,000 monkies in front of
keyboards and came up with the following:
> Brian Sikkema wrote:
> > Saw this and thought of you:
> >
> > http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=673262005
> >
> > Brian
>
> Heh.  That's ok.  That wonder-pig known as the "Strike Eagle" is too fat
> and heavy to outrun itself, let alone a newer plane.  A C model
> however... :)
>
> g.

	I'm not too surprised, but I'm surprised the British pilots were
surprised. :P As good as it is, the F-15 is a big, heavy, multi-purpose rig.
The Typhoon is a much smaller, more agility-focused design. I tend to put the
Typhoon in the category of newer, insanely agile (usually delta/canard
"hybrids", or something similarly exotic) jets like the Rafale. Still,
considering how advanced the US's avionics & targetting gear is, and
considering it was 2 on 1, it is quite an accomplishment.
	Personally my favorites are the newer Russian jets. :)

	-Matt Bailey