[simpits-tech] I need to make some parts out of

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 08:55:10 PDT 2005

You can buy molding rubber for this process.  It is a two-part silicon.  You
need two-part so that it cures.  Regular silicon will not cure if the mold
contains sections that are thicker than a few tenths of an inch.  However,
if the depth of silicon is small, regular hardware brand silicon will work.

Latex will work fine, too.  It is just harder to make the mold because you
must layer it one thin layer at a time.  It is also very fragile compared to
silicon.

Whatever you use, wood, rubber, plaster, or whatever, you need a release
agent applied to the mold to separate part from fixture.

Marv