[simpits-tech] Controlling synchros

Simon Bennett servantofcthulhu at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:58:59 PDT 2005

I'm curious. For an aircraft instrument would I need a torque transmitter or
a control transmitter? It sounds like I'd need a control transmitter.

Gene, did you know there's a F-15 radar panel lightplate on eBay? Or is that
something you already have? If you don't want it, I think I might buy it,
assuming no one here has beaten me to it... it's just the lightplate,
though, none of the hardware.

Just a side note, I wired up the lighting pins on the indicator. I'm going
to be using an old AT power supply out of a dead computer to supply power to
the parts in my sim that need +5 or +12 volts. I'll need a 400hz inverter
and probably a 28vdc power supply, too.

At least I know the lamps work; they light up nicely but only show up really
brightly in near total darkness. They're red. It's only the most basic of
achievements, but hell, it still makes me feel proud of myself.