[simpits-tech] Rotary encoders on Plasma

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Mon Jan 31 16:22:22 PST 2005

Howdy,

  I tried hooking up some rotary encoders to my Plasma V2 from BetaInnovations
the other night, but am having no luck. I originally had them connected
through my own cabling/connectors, but also tried wiring one directly to the
connector that plugs into the Plasma. I'm connecting them as per the
instructions in the manual (middle contact as ground, other two as inputs).
I'm running the Plasma in dual mode, non-HOTAS. From looking at the manual it
appears I'm doing everything right. Has anyone else had issues with these
things? Any known problems or incompatibilities? I'm using the encoders that
sold optionally with the Plasma. OS is Windows 98SE, default HID drivers. All
other functions I've tried (some analog axis, a few buttons and some rapid
fire inputs) work fine.
  Thought I'd try here before bugging Leo.

	-Matt Bailey