[simpits-tech] Need a plan

Ben Jones bjones at pipecomp.com.au
Tue Jan 25 18:04:11 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bubba" <mysticz28 at swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Need a plan

> It's been decided, I'm going to build an RV-4 :) I'll start looking for
> plans soon

 They are a good aircraft to fly, a little twitchy on landing in max gusting
crosswinds, i cant rember what "donk package" the aircraft had in it its
been about 3 years since i have flown one , ill have to check what there
aerobatic rating is ... i think it may be only restricted catagory i only
ever did loops, barrel rolls and chandells in it i was not game to spin it
since it was an brand new aircraft and the owner was wanting a couple of
people to flyoff the 50 hours before it was certified , so 3 formation
sorties and half a hour of aerobatics was all i was able to fit in.

Vans web site may have more info on the specs and suggested engine packages.

The aircraft i flew had manual flaps which from memory was on the left hand
side of the cockpit beside the pilots (front seat) when flaps were deployed
in stages the linkage whent aft beside the rear seat and the rear passenger
had to move there left knee out the way or they got a sore knee..

Dont let my testimonal on the aircraft set you on the course to building one
, speak to as many owners as you can there there best people to speak to ..

Regards

ben
bjones at pipecomp.com.au