[simpits-tech] Fed up with MS etc... Maybe New Sim

Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net
Tue Jan 25 00:31:05 PST 2005

At 08:05 PM 1/24/2005, you wrote:
>Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net wrote:
>>Hi gang....
>>Are feed up with MS Flight sim and others? Need info cant get it.. want
>>to do something different..
>>Want to get rid of EPIC cards and more crap...
>>What freedom to do what you want to do?
>>Ok then please look at my NOTAM notice for Software under development.
>>www.phoenixcomm.net/~phnx2000/sim/notams.shtml
>>www.phoenixcomm.net/~phnx2000/sim/software.shtml
>>I need to know what's cool and what's not.
>Doing research: cool.
>Re-inventing wheel by not doing the above, uncool.

lets see where shall I begin..
ok...

>"You cant talk to it. i.e. Use keyboard decoders, etc."
>
>Um..  Wow, the only thing I can think of at this point is hogwash! (Well
>ok, it _wasn't_ "hogwash", but you get the idea...)
>
>MSFS has at least two really good free mechanisms for sending data to the
>sim.  Even FSUIPC is free if you're using it for a personal project.
>
>X-Plane has a free API that lets you do anything you'd care to, including
>being able to modify the scene-graph on the fly.
>
>FlightGear.  What can I say?  The source code comes with it and it
>includes a great network interface for manipulating the simulator. Hell,
>if you wanted to you could fly the sim within a telnet session!
>
>Falcon 4.0 is the only one you really can't "talk" to and even then you
>can extract data from it.

They do not supply the information you want where you want it... I am tired
of using this or that to do things
why run FSUIPC or FSwide?  (hint: just listen to network traffic.)

>"Not Modular, very Monolithic"
>
>Duh.  They're flight simulators, not Legos fer chrissakes.

>BTW, FlightGear IS modular - it's got at least 3 different flight model
>engines, a separate scene generator and a separate terrain engine.

Still its not what i want its a very good start but not right. Its not
modular enough.

>Both MSFS and X-Plane have been used to feed external scene-graph
>generators and vice-versa.  It should be noted that the X-Plane
>scene-graph was used to provide the video for the simulator that Scaled
>built for Space Ship One.

only the scene-graph.......