[simpits-tech] Need a plan

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Mon Jan 24 16:44:35 PST 2005

Ben Jones wrote:
> Go for a RV-4  they are aerobatic and you can take out the rear seat
> and
> install a long range ferry tank and fly around the world
>
> They are a blast to fly !! (Whell the hole 4 hours i have logged in
> one)

It's been decided, I'm going to build an RV-4 :) I'll start looking for
plans soon and, hopefully, I'll be able to buy parts like the engine mounts
any anything with a compound curve from Van's. I want to cut all the
sheetmetal with the waterjet (assuming that job comes through, and it's
starting to sound like it did) just for the fun of it. I also want to flange
and flush rivet every joint in the skin.

Now what engine would work? O-360 sounds nice, or maybe a 200 hp configured
PT6A... ;) A 3 bladed Ivoprop looks perfect. 1/3 the price of a hydraulic CS
prop and the governor is a $250 electronic box. No hydraulic crap to leak,
rebuild, or otherwise deal with. Hmm, maybe a 6 bladed prop? :)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net