[simpits-tech] Interesting item

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jan 18 17:26:25 PST 2005

> Anyway I've decided against it since that huge ugly metal mounting plate
> is part of the actual grip. I did run across an F-4 Phantom stick
> though! Only problem is about half the hat switch is broken off, but
> it's still mounted to the handle so it would work. It has the threaded
> column etc so it would probably suit my needs nicely, although I'd
> prefer something more in the style of the other grip (bigger control
> head with more functions etc). It would be nice to have at least two hat
> switches (one for trim, one for view panning). It's sitting at $17.50
> right now, but has about 5 days left. If the bidding doesn't go crazy I
> may go ahead and pick that one up. Nice thing is the guy is close to
> where I live, so just in case things go less than optimally I could
> always go whup up.......err, I mean, investigate the situation. :)

Matt, that grip isn't from an F4.  It's the same style (B8) though.  The
giveaway is the stick mount.  It's identical to the NOS F-86 mating
connector I have.  The hat switch can be replaced. Infinity Aerospace
sells a four way hat for something like $15.  I don't know if it's the
same size though.  You can get specs on the switch from Mason Electric.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"
Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only of its kind.