[simpits-tech] Now that's a good deal

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sun Jan 16 12:21:49 PST 2005

Ehhhh, it's a cheap and simple solution. :) And looks to be pretty good
quality. I wonder why it tints blue? That's not so much an issue for some
applications though......it would be a cinch to tweak instrument images etc
to look right, especially for simple images like engine info pages on MFD's.
Did you try any specialized third party software for tweaking colors?

Since running into Pygame in November, I've been planning on writing some MFD
software for X-Plane.....using a couple of these little gems should allow me
to go totally panel-free on the main monitor, with MFD's and various
instrumentation on the Sony's.

Those are a couple of cool looking pits on your site! How much of the
collective's parts did you machine yourself? Neat idea, using a scooter. :)
I've got a joystick working and a throttle box, almost got some pedals going
too (though I'll probably scrap them as they are junk). I'll probably build a
collective control, but I *really* need a mill. :/

	-Matt Bailey