[simpits-tech] UH-60 Simulator

glenn.hamer at us.army.mil glenn.hamer at us.army.mil
Tue Feb 1 13:53:12 PST 2005

Hello all,
My name is Kirk, I am interested in building a UH-60 simulator. I recently joined the mailing list and am anxious to get some expert advice. This will be more of an arcade game than a cockpit sim. I am in the Minnesota national Guard and have mentioned the idea to superiors and this might be a possibility. I believe we could get some funding if we calculate right and propose this right. The use will be for p.r. and possibly recruting purposes.
  I am a fulltime avionic tech and a have access to lots of skilled personnel.
My thoughts were to make the cockpit itself be a pretty accurate replica of an actual UH-60 Blackhawk minus the entire pilot side. This would be a one person simulator. The problems I would have is the integration of the platform drive motors or hydraulics if we go that route. I have a hunch from the simpits website that most of the members her are more into building the cockpit replicas with lots of talent. I am wondering if anyone has some ideas, techtips, website links, etc... to help us be successful?
I do appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back from some of you.

Thank you
Kirk