[simpits-tech] LCD mounting question

joab ryan joab_ryan at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 19:41:04 PST 2005

It looks like the monitor is going to take up most of
the rack. wha i would do  is use a piece of aluminum,
because its light and easy to work with. You can get
small pieces at the harware store. Get a piece maybe
12"x12" 16ga so if you make a mistake you have extra.
If you have a table saw with a fine tooth blade you
can cut a 5"x7" piece, drill 4 holes in the corners to
match the rack holes, then a 4 hole pattern to match
the wall mounting pattern on your LCD. Grab some
#8-32`s and #10-32 i think and screw the plate to the
rack, then the LCD to the plate. All done and looks
great too! (Oh and strong)

Good Luck
Joab

http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=44

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_e173fp?
> c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh ).
> There is a mounting plate on the back of the monitor
> that can be used to
> mount it.
>
> Just looking for some ideas.  I thought about making
> some type of wood
> frame, but that seems kinda klugey...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.