[simpits-tech] Y'all ain't gonna believe this...

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Mon Aug 8 12:03:59 PDT 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 21:14, Bubba fired a shotgun at the keyboard and the
following appeared:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > You crazy person! I hate you! :P
> >
> > Yeah, aerobatics rock. Ever since I got my hands on a Decathlon, I've
> > not been
> > too interested in flying any "normal" planes (I have to motivate
> > myself to go
> > down to the local airport and fire up the ancient 150). Are you ready
> > to sell
> > the Cessna yet and go look for an Su? :)
>
> Not for 30 GPH!!! I'll be keeping the 150 and building something that can
> do... more ;) But then there is an S1C I could get for about $10k...

	$10k? Go for it dude! I've not priced those, but that seems incredibly cheap.
Is it missing an engine or something? :P

> That thing is just plain evil. I was just flying around the box, more or
> less doing a turn around a point, when I looked forward and realized we
> were at about a 75-80 degree bank and maintaining altitude. So I pulled,
> HARD. About 6 g's worth. A couple of loops and slow rolls, then we headed
> back to land.
>
> Now, naturally, I'm a g junkie. Fortunately 150s are good for +4.4 ;)

	Yeah, you get hooked pretty quick. In a few years when I've got a bit more
cash coming in, I'd like to buy a light aerobatic plane like a clipped-wing
Cub.........that would be great for normal aerobatics, as well as puttering
around between airports, and engaging in the endless pursuit of the $100
hamburger. I'd only get an extreme aerobat like the Su or an Extra in
*addition* to a "normal" plane like the Cub. :)

	-Matt Bailey