[simpits-tech] A10C Upgrade

Charles Morford netnurd at msn.com
Thu Apr 14 03:27:14 PDT 2005

>You still lose in a gun fight

Ain't it the truth!

I don't get all this talk about the A-10 bein ugly... Ask any Army grunt
that's used 'em for CAS, and they're the most beautiful things in the world!
;)

Last time I saw an A-10 was a 2-ship that did a low altitude (500-1000')
flyover... and having seen these things in action on the range, I can say
that an A-10 that close has to be the scariest thing an enemy will ever
see... though thankfully it will also be the LAST! ;)

Brian

Real men drive HAWGS
Read a story about a patrol in a valley in afgan that was attacked by the taliban
from the hill sides estimated at about 800. Afgan Mil was also part of the patrol but
dissapeared. Two A10's showed up and started strafing the hillside. Imagine the secondary
rock fragments created by the 30mm rounds. The afgan mil had been captured by the taliban
and returned with a message from them that if you call off the Hogs we will leave you alone.
In Gulf 1 the Iraqi army nicknamed it Silent Thunder as they were being served up a can of
whoop ass before they new it was there.
Actually I like anything with wings especially with weapons but I am building an A10A pit.

Chuck