[simpits-tech] Conversion of electrical gauges

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sat Apr 9 23:14:48 PDT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 19:28, Roy Coates wrote:

> Go Simkits.

	Not realistic-looking enough for me, and I'm planning something non-Cessna
style anyway. Besides, I'm cheap. :P

> Leave the real instruments alone because a) they're a bastard to adapt and

	This is what I'd always assumed, but thought I'd check...seeing an electrical
instrument with its half a dozen or so prongs in the connector, and knowing
that sending the right signals to those prongs will make the instrument work
in a sim, is pretty tempting. :)

> b) cockpit restorers will hate you and your offspring for all eternity.

	Actually, my original idea was to gut real instruments and put my own stuff
in them, for authentic appearance. :D

	-Matt Bailey   <---running for cover