[simpits-tech] Have to share this...

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 19:45:46 PDT 2005

I'm on cloud nine.  Nope, its not an addon for MSFS or X-Plane, its a very
special place reserved for people who have managed to find brand new spare
parts for their 51 year-old aircraft.

Gene Buckle once described these parts as being made of "unobtanium" - a
phrase I've used many many times over the last few years. However, last
Friday I met up with a chap who had all the majot parts I've been needing
to rebuild my 1954 Hawker Sea Hawk cockpit. It cost me an arm and a leg
(and a few internal organs too) but I've managed to get parts I never
dreamed I'd ever find - and some are brand new!

There's one vital part I'm still missing but I've think... THINK.. I may
have found 'em. I'm awaiting a digital photo to confirm - and that would
rock rock and thrice rock!

For anyone interested, check out the project website at
http://www.wv838.com

Latest pics are on the "Restoration Diary" page.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Roy.