[simpits-tech] Dell Poweredge Computers

Simon Bennett servantofcthulhu at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 22:40:19 PDT 2004

>>>Roy Coates wrote:
>> >
>> > Hmmm... how old?  If its a sportster, I'm tough enough to take it on
>> > the chin ;-)
>>
>>300 baud acoustic coupler. I'll be nice and give you time to find the
>>nearest bomb shelter.
>>
>>Gene, do you have access to a forklift? I could use a hand over here.
>>
>*rummages in a box*
>
>Well let's see here.  I've got an Anderson-Jacobson Accoustic modem.  Does
>110 _and_ 300 baud!  Wee!  We can use that to paint the target.  For the
>main course, I can provide a gently used RA81 hard disk.  458MB on 14"
>platters.  Weighs in at 150lbs.  Should make a nice meaty *smack* noise
>when arriving down-range. :)
>
>g.

I think you'd better scrap the simpit and see if you can construct a
trebuchet instead.
You should toss over a couple of my GRiDCase 1537 TEMPESTs, just for good
measure. I don't think they have modems though I know the civilian models
have 'em. Screams down the telephone lines at 2400 baud. Mine still work,
too.

I guess I'd better introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few months
under a different e-mail address. I haven't had time to do anything to build
a 'pit besides scratch out a few sketches and diagrams since I just moved.
Hopefully that will change soon. As a high school student I don't have much
time on my hands, but I've been playing flight sims for as long as I can
remember. I literally grew up on B-17 Flying Fortress, Aces of the Pacific,
Stunt Island, and all those other classics no one seems to remember. It's
always been a life-long dream of mine to fly, but I'm too nearsighted for
the military and I can't afford a Private Pilot's license, so here I am.