[simpits-tech] Dell Poweredge Computers

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Sep 29 05:45:16 PDT 2004

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Nawww, one is virtually dead (rarely starts up, and when it does it
> looks yellowish.......guess that would be a dead blue channel), the
> other is an ancient Acer monitor off a 486/66 that you can't have,
> 'cause in all seriousness, I'm planning on using it for an EFIS
> display
> in *my* eventual cockpit. :)

I've changed my mind about my cockpit yet again. Now I'm going to wait until
we get whatever plane we get (I'm really wanting a 170, but we haven't found
one yet) and copy that. The FAA won't let it count in a logbook, but I
figure it can't hurt to have the option to fly somewhere before I actually
fly somewhere :) Besides, compare electricity per KW/H to 100LL per
gallon...

> That would be after I get my old junk
> cardboard 500mhz protest case mod going again (
> http://rtccom.net/~mattb/case_mod.html ) and install a network
> card.........

Oh that's just not right! I like how my current machine looks so I didn't do
anything to the outside, but I did stuff it full of blue LEDs. There's a 12
LED bar with a controller that makes neat patterns, 2 LED spotlights I use
when I'm digging around in there for whatever reason, 2 fans with 4 LEDs
each, and I replaced the HDD light with a blue one. That's 24 total (the
power light was already blue). Now that I've repoed my wife's computer due
to lack of use I think I'm going to paint it Kawasaki green and Duplicolor
purple/green Mirage to match my Ninja :) Then I need to get a DVI-VGA
adapter, a KVM switch, and a decent TV tuner and I'll be set.

> although the recent relapse of my longtime R/C insanity
> disease is zapping up funds I'd briefly considered using on cockpit
> stuff and other projects. :)

Oh yeah, I need to send a few dead monitors into your general area at high
velocities because of that. Thanks to you I've spent way too much on tiny
servos, batteries, and little airplanes lately. However, I can now fly a
v-tailed Slow Stick inverted for a few seconds at a time before it reminds
me who's really in control. I haven't had the time and weather to fly my new
Corsair yet, though.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net