[simpits-tech] last major part

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Fri Sep 10 11:06:13 PDT 2004

I have finally obtained the last major part for my helicopter sim. I found
a Bell407 cyclic tube, elbow and a grip (missing some switches) on Ebay and
won the auction. I will replace the grip with one I have that is full of
switches. I have the lower pivot and all I have to do is the mechanics and
electronics.

I just ordered the aluminum for the anti-torque pedal control rod and have
the bearings so it will be the electronics next. Also ordered an aluminum
tube to make the collective pivot.

Now, if the hurricanes would stop flooding my basement, maybe I could get
this thing assembled. Anyone know how to add a second sump pump? ;-)

Fred Mahone