[simpits-tech] Re: [simpits-chat] Slightly O/T: ordering a Plasma V2

harold enos fliper56789 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 15:56:28 PDT 2004

Hi Gene,
I have to put a good word in for Leos products and also his support,  in building our prototype stand alone Garmin 530, I used Leos Gammaray 64 and a custom home built rotary encoder-(decoder unit) of Leos design, It was early this summer and Leo was working with His new prototypes, I tested many encoders here to get the best results possible with encoders we all can afford to use in our sims. The Bourns, Panasonic, and many more are cheep! and will last a good while, Gone are the days of having several exspensive boards-exspensive rotories, rotory-decoder boards, exspensive pots-ect!.
  Leos support is the best you will find also.

  I'm Located in Caro Michigan and the S&H was not bad, about the same as it would be shiping something here in the states.

Best Phil

Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking real hard about getting a Plasma V2 from BetaInnovations,
> but the guy's in Canada and I'm in the US. I was just wondering if any
> fellow US simmers had purchased BetaInnovations stuff, and about how
> much was customs, S&H, etc? If I get the assembled unit, the unit itself
> will be around US$77 and I'm not even sure I want to spend that much on
> this project right now, as it remains to be seen how successful my
> hardware-making attempts will be. :)
> I could always get some cheapo USB joysticks and hack them, but the
> Plasma looks like a lot better option, especially since it supports
> numerous types of input devices for joystick axis, and rotary encoders.

I've got an earlier version and it's a good product. I also have the
GammaRay 256.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007

To unsubscribe, please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks!

http://mail.yahoo.com