[simpits-tech] Basic Stamp

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Oct 19 05:00:47 PDT 2004

snar5 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am actually trying to see if I can run 4 or 5 7
> segment displays from it.

Yup. You need 7 IO lines, plus one more per segment, then write code to
multiplex it. I've done it with an Oopic and it works fairly well, though it
was just scrolling from 0001 to 9999 as a test. It always flickered a bit,
but I blamed that on the fact that the Oopic is MUCH slower than the stamp.
However, the stamp can't run VB or Java ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net