[simpits-tech] Yankee Air Museum Burns

Charles Morford netnurd at msn.com
Mon Oct 11 08:30:01 PDT 2004

Information is that the fire started on the second level which is office and storage, no fuel.
The building was 60 yrs old, so I can only come up with electrical as a cause. However it is also
being investigated by the FBI as standard operating procedure.

The Bronco was cherry in its green paint job, rocket pods hanging seemed to say "You talking to me?"
Originally flown to the museum it went through a 9 year restoration and I expect the primary individual
on the project is probably a basket case about now. You don't get paid its all volunteer.

An AT-11 in another small hanger is going through a restoration to flying condition and was not touched.