[simpits-tech] RE: (50+ pages) online article about simulator cockpit development

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Tue Nov 16 01:33:33 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:36:48PM +0100, DC-3 experience wrote:
> Manuel,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I changed the links.
> I am just wandering how it comes that this does not infect the browser I use
> IE 6.0, and some of the other PC's I tested on.

Because Microsoft doesn't care about standards.
Especially since the backslash is the path seperator character on DOS
(and thus windows), while all Unix-related operating systems use the
forward slash. And since the Internet grew up on unix and still is run
on unix (-like operating systems) nearly everywhere, the forward slash
was naturally used for ftp, http,...

Manuel
--
Opensource/Free Software: No Gates, No Windows