[simpits-tech] Re: Cheap (and PRACTICAL!) projectors..

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Nov 14 18:46:06 PST 2004

> Gene - how's the Impact TFT display and OHP combo working for you? or are
> you still running that?

Yep, I still use it.  However, I've also got a new Infocus X1 that I use
for Doom 3 and Need For Speed: Underground.  The 3M OHP I have is either
3500 or 4000 lumens and I get a good picture.  My main complaint with
using the Impact panel is the huge pixel sizes even at 800x600.  Remember,
I use it for rear projection so I see the pixel outlines a lot easier than
you can when foreward projecting.

Some simulators (X-Plane for one) no longer support 800x600 resolutions,
so this home-built projector system really is the way to go.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007