[simpits-tech] Driving LED's form the parallel port (?)

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Nov 2 15:28:46 PST 2004

Bubba wrote:

> Cut the case with cutoffwheels, not bits. Makes life much easier. Could also
> pick up a nibbler. I think Rat Shack has one for a few bucks.

	Thanks for the tip. I don't think my little Dremel has the "oomph" to
do the job though. :/ I can do things like 1/8" model plane wheel axles
ok, just takes some time. I might give it a try, but probably I'll end
up buying a heavier duty Dremel at some point. I've already got a mental
list of several pricey tools I need in order to really get things going,
both for metal and wood work......grrrr!

> Mills are cheap at Harbor Freight (though mine's a Sherline). It's the
> tooling that's expensive. A hold down kit, a milling vice, some parallels, a
> couple dozen endmills of various configurations, rotary table, angle plate
> or two, etc. adds up. I desperately need a new hold down kit, but Sherlines
> use a different size t-nut than the rest of the world, naturally. That means

	Yeah, plus I'm sill living with my mom at the moment, so I can't be
dragging mills, drill presses, jigsaws, etc down to the basement. :P
Some of this is going to have to wait til next year after I (hopefully)
get my first flying job and can afford to support myself (just doing
part time non-flying work now).

	-Matt Bailey