[simpits-tech] recycled aircraft

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue May 25 15:31:18 PDT 2004

Brian Sikkema wrote:
> I can't remember, someone was talking once about an AFB that had a
> B-52 on a
> stick for the gate guard, where was that?

There's one at the academy in Colorado Springs. Somewhere there's a picture
of me sitting at the top of the concrete pedestal leaning back against the
steel tube that goes into the fuselage. Couldn't find a long enough ladder
to get to any of the doors though ;)

> Speaking of which, that RC B-52 site I posted a while back now has
> pics and
> a vid of the sucker flying....

What's the URL again? I saw a few pics of a 17' C17 that will be powered by
4 turbines yesterday. Bloody huge. I tend to stick to 5' maximum dimensions
myself.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net