[simpits-tech] Circuit Breakers

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Thu May 20 16:53:23 PDT 2004

I have been looking for a way to make up the overhead panel for my
Jetranger simulator.

I have seen used ones and a couple new ones on Ebay, the only
problem is the values I need are very scarce and go for an almost new price.

Then, I found both Eaton and Klixon make simulator circuit breakers
that trip at .2 amps and are marked for whatever current the position
would normally have. Joy and happiness.

Contacted Klixon and was told that for the number I want they would
be $59.60 EACH. They must be really proud of those bad boys! Real breakers,
brand new, are less than that.

I was going to buy a fully loaded breaker panel from Desk Top Sims, but I can
no longer find them. I guess they bite the big one.

So, does anyone know of a good source, other than Ebay, for used breakers?
I need 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 25 amp units. I can easily build a circuit that
will trip these, it will just have to be a fairly large power supply.

Fred Mahone