[simpits-tech] OT - Sun Sparcstation

Al West mail at prbox.com
Sat May 15 04:34:04 PDT 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 23:28, Brian Sikkema wrote:
> I'm not sure. According to the board layout I've found at
> http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_ipc/, the other two fuses are for the keyboard
> and ethernet, respectively.

A SCSI terminator is different - google for a picture of one.

> I've done a lot of searching, and I haven't found much. I did find this
> page, I'm not sure if this would help me or not:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2003/07/msg00111.html
>
> He said he changed the internal HD SCSI ID to 0 instead of 3, and that
> helped. Problem is, I'm not sure how to change the SCSI ID on the HD. :(
> Any help there would be appreciated, too. I'm not sure if it can be done
> via software, and if so, if it can be done without logging in, which is my
> primary problem. I got this computer surplus, and it still has the old
> login/pass on it. I know how to reset it, if I can get it to boot from
> CDROM, which I can't, because of the SCSI problem. Gah!!

Last time I dealt with SCSI there were dip switches one set to determine the
ID on the bus.  The other option might be to pull the HD possibly it's
conflicting - or even just pull the power on it.

> Anywho, thanks for the help, I'm gonna keep at it.

Best of luck - it's all part of the fun of learning.