[simpits-tech] How do I?

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Wed May 12 19:12:55 PDT 2004

In a message dated 5/12/2004 1:55:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
sean.g at paradise.net.nz writes:

> I need to capture a keypress on one machine (flightsim PC) and pass it to
> another, on the network (PTT for AVC/RW/Teamspeak).  Is there a program out
> there which will do this for me?
> I know there is a way to do it with a joystick button press, via FSUIPC,
> but I don't have a joystick button available to do it, as I want to use one
> of the buttons on a programmable throttle (generates keystrokes only).
>
> Any ideas/solutions?

You can do that via FSUIPC as well. just go "Modules" | "FSUIPC" | "Keys" and
assign the keypress you want to be passed to the client computer. As long as
WideFS is running, the add-on progs on the second computer will see it just as
if it was pressed on an instance of MSFS running on the client computer.

Richard