[simpits-tech] Multiple joysticks

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Wed May 12 00:16:45 PDT 2004

I'm not sure about interfacing more than one
joystick-port device with Win98SE. I guess I'd have to get a DB-15 to USB
adapter as I only have one game port. Is there anything special I need to do
to get something like that to work or would I just have to plug it in and
calibrate it?

You can buy a joytick port to USB adapter, there's even one that takes four
joystick port inputs and outputs one USB output. The problem is that these
adapters tend to be very low discrimination - typically only 32 or 64 steps full
range.

While the simple electronics of the joystick port look attractive, you're
better off buying some cheap USB joysticks and gutting them rather than using
joystick ports.

Richard