[simpits-tech] Station drawings

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue May 11 14:03:08 PDT 2004

> Does anybody know of a source (other than Bell Helicopter) that has the
> airframe station and waterline drawings for the Bell Jetranger?
>
> The airframe maintenance and repair manual from Bell is about $550.00!
> You would expect it to come in a gold plated binder!
>
> I want to take my new Intuos graphics tablet and do a 3D rendering.
> The front/top/side views in the sales literature do not have the
> station profiles to get the curves correct.

Fred, if you've got "mad drawing sk177z!" and a tool that will wrangle 3D
Studio models, go plunk down $10 for this:

http://www.10dollarmodels.com/secure_xcart/customer/product.php?productid=1279&cat=2&page=3

It's a Bell Jet Ranger model that you should be able to "slice" up to
develop station profiles from.

You could do something similar by buying a 1/48 or 1/32nd scale model and
run it through a band saw.  You can then trace the slices on your tablet
and then apply the scale conversion.