[simpits-tech] new to the list

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 10:37:14 PDT 2004

Heya Fred, welcome to the list!

I know we have a couple of chopper jocks here, so you're in good company!
Most of the active posters here are just a bit off, but hey, that's what
makes it fun. ;)

As for instruments, etc, most people actually don't bother with real
aircraft instruments, getting them to interface with the computer is often
too difficult. We either make our own or find ones specifically for
simulators.

BTW, I've got a friend who goes to Virginia Tech. He's part of the Corps of
Cadets there. Do you deal with them at all?

What organization were you involved with in emergency services? I've been in
the Civil Air Patrol for about 4 years now, I have a friend of mine who used
to be in ALERT.

Oh, and do you know what simulator program you will be using? Medivac sounds
interesting, but I'm not sure what program you'd use to pull it off. Have
you ever played SimCopter? Great game, a lot of fun. You got to medivac
people there. But not much of a simulator, unfortunately.

Anywho, enough out of me for the moment. Welcome aboard!

Brian
The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the
countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and
wish.