[simpits-tech] Too Quiet!!!

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Mon May 3 16:11:58 PDT 2004

Al West wrote:

> To save on all that dusting have more air going out than in.  Dust
> serves as a
> nice insulating layer and warms things up substantially.

You also need more exhausts than intakes since air expands when it gets hot.

I dealt with the dust by putting filters on all the intake fans. There are
at least 5 fans in this machine, an 80mm in the PS, another on the back of
the case, a 60mm on the front of the case, and the CPU and GPU fans, and I
can't hear them over the ambient sound in the room right now.

And the 2 dozen blue LEDs I stuffed in there have to be good for at least
20% more speed ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net