[simpits-tech] Too Quiet!!!

Andreas Fransson andreas.fransson at valhallainc.net
Mon May 3 17:36:34 PDT 2004

Brian,

Right now, my case temp is 34°C, and the CPU idles at 42°C. It maxes out at
52°C under full load, so I'm completely happy with my temps. (Btw, it's a
2.6GHz Celeron, running at stock speed.)

I have a rear intake, ducted right down on the HSF, with an 80mm fan at 5V
helping out. The CPU fan is running at 6V (1450rpm) and ramps up to 12V at
50°C. These two fans are completely inaudible to me.

I have a second 80mm intake fan at the bottom rear, blowing straight ahead
towards the front of the case, where the hard drive is. This one is also
running at 5V.

Out of curiosity, how hot is your computer running? I'm guessing, not too
hot.

/Andreas

From: "Brian Sikkema" <hangr18 at hotmail.com>
> For what it's worth, I'd say try to find the information on your current
fan
> (should be able to find it online), and when you make your replacement,
make
> sure to get the same or higher CFM. You might have to move up to a larger
> fan with a duct, though. That's what I've done on my processors - they
were
> originally 60mm fans, I moved up to 80's with ducts - quieter, and higher
> CFM! But the Vantec 60mm would have been a sacrifice in CFM, and I'm not
> willing to make that sacrifice with my processors, and probably not my
PSU,
> either.
>
> Another good idea, from a cooling standpoint, is to have a fan in the side
> of your case, blowing in directly on top of your CPU cooling fan. This
> brings the cool air from outside the case to right where it's needed.
Also,